Pan Seared Salmon with Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce – Rich and hearty but delectably healthy, this pan-seared salmon recipe is perfect for a dinner ready in under 20 minutes. Pan fried to a flakey perfection, salmon is crispy on the outside and drenched in a creamy and super fragrant sun-dried tomato sauce.
INGREDIENTS LIST PAN FRIED SALMON WITH CREAMY SUN-DRIED TOMATO SAUCE
- 1 1/2 pounds (700g) salmon fillets, with or without skin
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 1 small jar (3-4 oz) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and sliced (reserve 2 tablespoons oil for the recipe)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup (250ml) half and half (or mix half milk – half cream for a lighter cream)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil (or Italian seasoning)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable stock (1 crumbled bouillon cube with 1/2 cup water)
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
1. Lightly season salmon fillets with salt and pepper. In a large non stick pan on medium heat, sear salmon fillets in 2 tablespoons oil, 2 – 3 minutes on each side. Remove salmon from the pan and set aside.
2. In the same skillet add 2 tablespoons oil reserved from the sun-dried tomatoesjar, saute onion, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, paprika, red chili pepper flakes and dried basil for 1 minute until garlic fragrant.
3. Add vegetable stock to deglaze the skillet and bring to a gentle simmer. Add half and half to the skillet and stir until a creamy sauce forms. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
4. Add salmon back to the skillet and reheat for a few minutes. Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve over pasta, rice or bulgur. Enjoy!